Monday, February 29, 2016

First Order Submitted with RobinHood app

Tonight before bed I placed my first stock order with RobinHood. 

Markets are closed (it's 2am MST) and the app did NOT give me an option to buy during extended hours. 

I put in a Limit Buy order for UWTI at $1.45 per share. (China's market has dropped gain so hopefully oil continues dropping.)

The Last Day's closing price was $1.65 and in the premarket it's down to $1.58. I think with fluctuations in the morning it will dip below $1.50 and hopefully I can get it at $1.45 "or better". 

Since RobinHood does not charge per trade fees (commissions) I could have put half of my planned purchase at one price and waited for the other half to watch it during the day for the potential to keep my average price as low as possible. 

I could have also split my UWTI investment into two Limit Buy orders at different prices to protect myself from a significant price plunge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment